Vacancy Policy and communications advisor
Help me stay connected as we shape the future of Europe’s internet and technology. You will form the communication strategy and production of my office, as well as working on a number of policy areas together with the rest of the office.
As part of the communication efforts, you will be responsible for maintaining relations with Radikale Venstre members, groups and other communities interested in European politics in Denmark.
In order to bind communication and policy together, you will be responsible for following work in one of the committees in which I sit – most likely either IMCO or FEMM but this depends on your interests.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be
- You will be my communications advisor, and responsible for our communication strategy, including core messages, translating our political goals and objectives into a medium and language that is accessible to different audiences
- Producing all kinds of content for some of our key channels such as website (wordpress), social media (Facebook, Youtube, Instagram), newsletters (Mailchimp) etc., and you will edit content produced by other colleagues
- We strive to make our content engaging and interesting so it will be great if you are able to use images, video, and other digital initiatives in your communication or able to acquire the competence to do so
- Ensuring that our work is communicated in an accessible way for different audiences
- Maintaining relations with Radikale Venstre members, groups and other communities interested in European politics in Denmark
- In collaboration with press advisor in Copenhagen maintain and build new partnerships with local, national and international media outlets to ensure our messages are communicated widely
Some of your competences, qualifications or experience
- You have experience of political campaigns and campaigning works in practice or know how you will get the knowledge that you need.
- Strong and confident communicator with a commitment to using a story-telling and a hopeful approach;
- Good web literacy, creating and delivering content across multiple digital platforms; good working knowledge of video and image editing and the ability to learn quickly.
- Good at copywriting and editing in both Danish and English, other EU languages an advantage;
- Have a passion and interest in activism and civic participation,
- Experience from civil society in Denmark and/or Radikale Venstre;
- Outspoken and willing to stand up for your opinions and views – both within the team and outside the team;
- Sociable and at ease in a multicultural environment;
Working hours, location and salary
Full time (37 hours), extra hours will be compensated. Place of work will be Bruxelles with missions to Strasbourg (plenary sessions) and Denmark. Salary is according to MEP assistant grade system. Placement on grade according to experience and education.
How we will work as a team
The office, when fully staffed will consist of 2 policy advisors (this position and a head of office) 2 interns (policy and communication) and an office manager (possibly shared with one or more MEPs). This and other positions are expected to be filled by October.
We will be collaborating with staff based in Copenhagen: an EU policy advisor shared with the secretariat of the Radikale Venstre group in the Danish national Parliament as well as a press advisor for the Radikale delegation.
Transparency, accountability and integrity are essential as the basis for any public office, including the office of an MEP. There will be no tolerance for discrimination or harrasment inside of the office or towards external partners.
Equal opportunities and rights for all are what we will be working towards in society, and our office will aim to reflect this. The more inclusive we are, the better our results will be. I want to celebrate diversity and I am committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. I hope, if you are a member of a historically marginalized group, that you will consider applying.
Please send your application via the form below by 20 August 2019 or through this link to the Podio form
For more information about this position please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or +4525883309
Short-listed candidates will be invited to interviews between 21nd-23rd of August (face-to-face in Copenhagen or via Skype) or 2nd – 6th of September (face-to-face in Brussels or via Skype).
Until Podio form is actived please use this link to the Podio form
Efterlad en kommentar