About an hour ago I got an email with the press release from Det Radikale Venstre. The Danish Social-Liberal Party, which is part of the ALDE group in the European Parliament and forms part of the ALDE party. Two sides of the same coin, but two separate and important functions as well.
So now it’s official, I’m a candidate for the 2014 election for the European Parliament. I have know for a few weeks (check my Danish blog posts here and here) that I was working towards this goal and that it looked achievable. However it still makes a larger difference than I expected to see it announced officially.
We are a team of 10 candidates. 2 of us not affiliated with any region in particular, but supported by a minimum of 25 members of the party. The rest were chosen by one or two regions.
- Charlotte Burgess (København og Bornholm)
- Thomas Elkjær (Nordsjælland)
- Bo Jensen (Sjælland) (not been able to find a profile on the internet)
- Christian Kjølhede (Østjylland og Vestjylland)
- Karina Kroustrup (Nordjylland)
- Sissel Kvist (Sydjylland)
- Karen Melchior – that’s me
- Samira Nawa
- Morten Helveg Petersen (Københavns Omegn)
- Kristina Siig (Fyn)